Sunday 8 January 2012

Challenged! – Soft and Comfy

This is the first time I’ve used this digital stamp from A Day for Daisies and the idea for the colour palette came from Gingersnap Creation’s challenge “Soft Yellows and White”. I paper pieced the chair using some leftover Basic Grey ‘Lilykate’ paper. I coloured the rest of the image using Promarkers. I edged three strips of the paper with ‘Buttercup’ Promarker. I used a notch punch on the corners of the central image and threaded yellow thread to make a frame.

As well as the Gingersnap challenge I’d also like to enter this for:
A Day for Daisies – Pretty Pastels
Basic Grey Challenges – Something New  ( As well as the images, most of the Promarkers used were in sets I got this Christmas.)

5 comments:

Jen Leeflang said...

This certainly is "Pretty Pastels" - thanks for entering your very pretty creation in our challenge at A Day for Daisies.
luv'n'huggz
Jen Leeflang
ADFD DT

Purple Card Lady said...

This is so pretty. I love the soft yellow. This is one of my fav images too. Thanks for joining us for ADFDs Pastel challenge.

Fleur said...

A beautiful card, Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Basic Grey this fortnight, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
Hugz Fleur xXx

Tracy said...

Cool way to use the yellow thread! Lovely job with the paper piecing AND the coloring. :-) Thanks for joining the ADFD challenge!

Ali Manning said...

This is sooo pretty! Thanks for playing the Gingersnap Creations challenge, Ali :)