Wednesday 21 August 2013

Wings Clock


I made a clock! Actually it's a fake clock as , although the hands are real, there's no mechanism behind. That's because it will take me a bit longer to sort it out and I don't want to miss entering it for the challenge that inspired me - CD Sunday's Add a Number.

I printed the clock face from the My Craft Studio 'Tinkering with Steampunk' CD.  The middle was patterned and I wanted to stamp on it, so I cut out a circle to cover the pattern. Then I stamped, using clear ink and polymer stamps from A Day for Daisies and Kanban.  I embossed them with silver embossing powder and inked the whole thing with two different colours of Distress ink. I attached the clock hands with a brad.

As well as CD Sunday , I'd also like to enter:
Come and Get it Challenges Things with wings
The Pink Elephant Challenge Anything but a card
Card Crafter's Circle Winged things
Vintage Stamping Challenges Wings and things  

13 comments:

chrissie said...

A beautiful idea for a clock-love the colour.

Chrissie x

sue-b said...

A great idea Marina, pick a number any number, i love what you have done with it, love the stamping, thank you for joining in with us this week.
sue-b xx
CD Sunday DT

Michelle J M said...

Absolutely brilliant! Gorgeous colour, beautifully embossed image and amazing imagination! Michelle x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

This is beautiful Marina, I do hope you get around to finishing it. Thanks for joining in at CD Sunday this week.

Sue T x
CD Sunday DT

Linby said...

wow - this is beautiful, love the colour you chose. I have this cd but didn't realise this was on it.
Linbyx
GDT

Beryl said...

It's gorgeous - hope you get to finish it off by adding the mechanism.Too good not to.
Thank you for joining us this week with a great interpretation of the theme.
Beryl xx
CD Sunday DT

Jocelyn said...

What a great project and I like the way you have combined the stamping into your design. Great colour choice too.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

Christine said...

A fab project Marina and so many numbers to choose from. I love the stamping and your colour choice.
Thanks for joining us again this week.
Christine xx
CD Sunday DT

starcyl said...

This is great Marina and yes I guess there's numbers,lol
Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

Purple Crazy said...

Great clock Marina, love the embossing, thanks for sharing at CD Sunday x

Shirley said...

Fabulous clock Marina and I do love your colour palette.

Thank you for sharing with us at Vintage Stamping Challenges.

Crafty hugs from Shirl x x

Pia S said...

What a beautiful clock, Marina! I like your combination of different stamps, and these images look great embossed!

sandie said...

adorable and super creative. I love the embossed centre-you should so add the mechanism now, it would make a fab gift x