Sunday 17 August 2014

Everything's Coming Up Roses


I know the image of the woman sniffing the rose comes from a famous painting but I don't know who by, I just know this is a very old stamp from Oxford Impressions. I used four stamps on my project: the woman, the rose frame (Stampin Up) , the sentiment and a rose stamp that I used on the die-cut butterfly (both unknown) . I used red ink and two shades of brown throughout.  I dry embossed the roses on the background,sanded them and added brown ink. The semi-circle of text was found on my craft-room floor! I guess it must have fallen out of something from a previous project.

I'd like to enter:
City Crafter  roses
Craftroom Challenge Summer garden
Crafty Creations  flower power
Moving Along with the Times vintage
That's Crafty  Stamping Ground

10 comments:

sandie said...

This is a fab combo of colours and it gives a vintage feel to the card, how fab to find the text text paper!

Zoechaos said...

Wow what a terrific colour combination and beautiful images. Thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge XOXO

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful!!!! Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Debi said...

Hi the painting is called Soul of the Rose by John Waterhouse. This is one of my all time fav stamp sets :-) and Iove your creation! Thanks for sharing your lovely Summer Garden Creation with us, Debi xxx

hazel said...

A beautiful card, the colour is gorgeous, thank you for sharing it with us at Craft-Room Challenge.
xxx Hazel.

Ros Crawford said...

So lovely!! Thnks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Pia S said...

This looks stunning all in red! It's a color I've never thought of using for a vintage design, at least not as a main color. Fab!

Deborah said...

So beautiful and unusual in red. Thanks for entering it into the That's Crafty! challenge.

Anonymous said...

beautiful design! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

Lisa :) said...

A really beautiful image and colors. Love it. Thanks so much for playing with us at Crafty Creations! --Lisa, DT