Thursday 23 April 2015

Empty Box Project #17- Singing Frog


This is the 11th birthday card I've made for my partner and, after 11 years, I'm still trying to come up with ideas that are relevant yet fresh!

We have a pond at the bottom of the garden and, at night, my partner loves to go down there with a torch to watch all the frog action.

I've had this Penny Black frog stamp for a few years but never used it. It was second- hand, I think, and I got it because I have another Penny Black frog stamp and I thought I'd use them together. But, obviously, I didn't, and I just pulled this one out of my empty-box-project box.

Just to recap:
On New Year's day I revealed my stamping shame - a big box of unused stamps - and started my Empty Box project. My aim is to work through the box , one stamp/ stamp set at a time and see if I can use them. If I can't use them, I will dispose of them. The aim is to finish with an empty box.

I'd like to enter: 
Crafting When we Can  sing me a song (happy birthday) 
Cuttin and Stampin  cute critter
Come and Get it starts with b - bunting, birthday and (speech) bubble 
Sentimental Sundays  animal love 

9 comments:

Judy McKay said...

I laughed when I saw your cute card. I Alway like frogs. Thank you for joining us at Come and Get It this week. Judy DT

Pia S said...

This frog is just perfect for a masculine card - any card actually!
I really like the banner detail, so decorative, and you made the card even more personal by adding the sentiment including his name.

chrissie said...

Brilliant idea for this card. Surely the box is almost empty by now !

Love Chrissie xx

Joan said...

Ha that's so cute! Love it

Joan

Robin said...

This is just so cute! I love the frog and the sentiment is adorable. Thanks for playing along with us at CWWC and good luck. Hugs, Robin

AJ Bodine said...

That is super cute, I love your singin frog and the banner up top is perfect! Thank you for joining us this week at Sentimental Sundays!

AJ - DT, Sentimental Sundays

Whisper said...

Aaaah what a sweetie and thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More this month, Luv Sam x

Mervi said...

So cute, good that you finally use this lovely stamp. Fabulous card.
Thank you for sharing at Penny Black and more, welcome again;-))m

Indy's Designs said...

What a delightful frog! So glad you decided to share him with that spectacular banner! So glad you were inspired to join Cuttin' and Stampin's Critters challenge!
Hugs, Debbie
Design Team