Thursday 1 March 2018

For a Cruise Fan

My next door neighbour loves to go on cruises and this is a birthday card for her.

My panel is a vintage-style boarding card by Docrafts and I stamped the woman image onto it - I don't know the brand, it's a very old wood-backed stamp. I've used it before on cruise-themed cards but actually it's got no particularly nautical connection - apart from in my head!

I covered the dress with several layers of shimmer pen and added a die-cut cloud with a Flora and Fauna sentiment, and an enamel heart.

I'd like to enter:
Always Fun  travel
Use Your Stuff  at the movies - Titanic
Crafty Chicks  add a sentiment
Featured button

8 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Very cool! Love this theme. That is funny how we get things stuck in our heads about how to use our stamps, I do it too!

Mac Mable said...

We love cruising too and this is the perfect card for your neighbour. Yes the art deco lady does conjure up cruising, maybe from the good old days...it is so perfect for cruising and in my eyes depends on the cruise line and for me this is perfect x x

Liz said...

Lovely CAS card, your row of coffee cups are so cute.

Snowing quite heavily now, I think tomorrow will be a stay in the warm day and do some crafting. xx

missgailly said...

This is a wonderful card. Love the vintage feel of it. What a coincidence - I was watching one of the older versions of the movie Titanic just today. The one with Clifton Webb and Barbara Stanwyk. Thanks for playing along at Use Your Stuff - Gail

Pia S said...

With the stamps used, along with the red, white and black color scheme, I think you card has a stylish retro look. It’s beautiful and should suit a cruise lover perfectly.

Designing With Dakota said...

Love it!!

Misty Elam said...

Beautiful card!! And very fitting for our Travel theme. Thanks for joining us at the Always Fun Challenges blog.
Misty DT member

Nance said...

Very cool card! Great layout and patterns. Thanks for playing with us at 4 Crafty Chicks last week!