Wednesday 31 July 2013

Inkspirational Challenge 31 - Ocean's Children


This week it's 'anything goes' at Inkspirational Challenges  so there is really no excuse for not joining in!

For my DT card, I used three merchildren images from my own (extensive) collection from A Day for Daisies, who are sponsoring us this month.

I imported the merchildren into image editing software, cropped them and layered them over a seascape from Debbi Moore, Under the Sea CD. I printed it out and coloured the merchildren with markers and glitter glue.  I layered the image onto shiny turquoise paper and added die cuts and pearls. The shells were stamped, coloured and cut out and I finished up with flowers and a key. 

So, I'll see you over at Inkspirtational Challenges  later - I can't wait to see what you do! 

I'd also like to enter:
Shabby Creek  Water, water, everywhere 
The Squirrel and the Fox  Nautical/sealife 

11 comments:

Yvonne Garner said...

Wow! This is fantastic! Great job.

Denise Goeldner said...

Lovely card and colours with the finishing touches, thanks for joining us over at The Squirrel and The Fox, Denise DT ..

Anonymous said...

Great card Marina! It looks really 3-D with the kids in front of the ocean scene. I also like the shell/key/pearl embellishments. Wonderful work!
- Shauna

sandie said...

What a dreamy scene you have set Marina. I love the seascape x

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Such a fun mermaid card!

Pia S said...

I love how you've combined the seascape background with these lovely merchildren! The seashells make great finishing touches. It's a truly beautiful card, Marina!

Lizzidroege said...

love the mermaids...so glad to see you at sch this time...lizzi

Michelle J M said...

Oh those little mermaids are so cute Marina! Love how you have done the background and those shells and key are perfect too. Michelle x

Mynn xx said...

This is absolutely brilliant, Marina! LOVE the scene you created with those darling merkids! HUGS and have a great Friday! :)

Mynn xx said...

This is absolutely brilliant, Marina! LOVE the scene you created with those darling merkids! HUGS and have a great Friday! :)

Sherry Hickey said...

Love the scene you've created with those cute mermaids; love the embellishments, too. Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow!