Saturday 21 June 2014

Inkspirational Challenge 59 - Blue with White or Cream


Here's my DT card for this week's Inkspirational Challenge  and I'd like to tell you that the camera IS lying - the card does not have a yellow/brown tinge and yet , no matter how many times I photograph it, it still appears to!  I think it might be a sort of reflection off the embossing....

All the stamps here, (except the sentiment) , are from Sheena Douglass's oriental range . As a child, I remember hearing the story of the pictures on Willow Pattern china plates, and quite enjoying it. (I think there were some runaway lovers involved!) I wanted to get the feel of old china on my card, so, after composing the image, I triple embossed the whole panel in clear embossing powder.

Anyway, our challenge is 'blue and white/cream' and we have a wonderful guest designer Laura, so I hope you will come and have a look and join in.

I'd like to enter:
Clear it Out  anything goes
Delicious Doodles  make a scene

9 comments:

chrissie said...

Such a clean and crisp card Marina with the beautiful Willow Pattern look

Love Chrissie x

Lozzy said...

What a beautiful card, the colour is just right for the scene..Thank you for joining us at Delicious Doodles for this weeks challenge and hoping you would like to join us again soon. Good luck in draw..Hugs Lozzy x

Kim M said...

Fantastic card, Marina! It's funny you mention the bit about china as it reminded me of my Mom's "good" plates when I was growing up. They were blue and white although not actually china. LOL.

Nonni said...

That's a great scene that you've created, the color blue really suits these stamps! Very beautiful. xxx

Anonymous said...

This is neat Marina! I love your use of the blue on this and I have never thought to clear emboss after I was finished with a panel... I will have to consider this. I love the Asian feel. Great stamps!
- Shauna

cm said...

Wow, Marina - your card does 'create a scene' and a most gorgeous one at that! My grandmother had some blue and white 'good' dishes, as well, so your card here has sparked some fond memories. Beautiful!!
~c

sandie said...

What a lovely idea behind the card and the triple embossing really does make it look oriental. And I se no brown tinge! Greeting from Cyprus xx

Pia S said...

Just catching up on some of your work I missed out on while away on holiday! This card really caught my attention. Old china, it was actually the first idea that popped to mind seeing your card. I think it's lovely!

Taunya Butler said...

It looks great and I did get the feel of old china!! Cool card!!