Wednesday 20 April 2016

For You

Silhouette UK  have a weekly challenge to use the Silhouette free cutting file. I've been wanting to join in but I just haven't liked the free files for the last few weeks.  This week though, the freebie is both pretty and versatile, so I've had a go with it.

I ungrouped the file and deleted all except three flowers which I re-sized. Then I created a blank 'base' for each flower, which I coloured using spray inks. The sentiment was made using a freebie alphabet from a few weeks ago.

I'm not sure if it was a wise decision to use a black card base. I played around with different colours as a base and liked the slightly chalkboard effect of the die-cuts on the black. I used an embossing folder on the black to give a bit of texture, but it doesn't seem to show up in the photo.

I'd also like to enter the spring flowers challenge at Cut it Up 

5 comments:

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

That IS pretty1 I'll have to go pick it up. This is simply gorgeous.

Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up for our Spring Flowers challenge!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Craftychris said...

I love the black card base - it really makes the gorgeous flowers and the sentiment pop! xxx

chrissie said...

The image stands out so well on this black background Marina

Love Chrissie xx

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is great Marina!

Pia S said...

Zooming in I see the texture of the black paper, a great touch. I very much like the soft colors with the black background, it gives a bit of a dramatic effect and the card is useable for many occasions and it's quite age and gender neutral as well...