Saturday 5 August 2017

First Try of Flora and Fauna


Flora and Fauna stamps (just landed in the UK) have a quirky look that both attracts and intimidates me. This is my first attempt at using them.

First, I die-cut a notebook page from cardstock. I stamped the bell jar and stamped the house inside and them stamped the tag on the handle...only to find I should have stamped the tag first! (Fail to plan and plan to fail, folks!)  So I stamped the tag on scrap card,  used letter stamps from an old freebie set to stamp 'home', inked the tag and stuck it over.

The images were coloured with markers and I added distress inks and splatters (visible image) to the page.

I made a cloud background on the card base , using a stencil.

My plan all along- and the reason I'd stamped on a 'notebook' page, was to use Papermania map washi-tape as if it was a note taped to a desk or wall.  This particular washi tape was central to my plan, as I'd been inspired to create this project for a couple of challenges featuring 'maps'.  But when I added the washi as planned it totally overwhelmed the card! I did end up using it, but much less than I had thought to and I tore it into thinner strips. The show must go on!

I bought two sets of Flora and Fauna and I'll see what else I can do with them.

I'd like to enter:
The Male Room  maps
Time Out  home photo
Use your stuff  link up




11 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely card, Marina. I like how you've used the images - must check these out myself, Jo x

Ros Crawford said...

Quirky but cute! I love what you did with this... So unique!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

A very different stamp! I have not seen them. Your card is very cute and good save with the tag.

chrissie said...

It all sounds complicated but the end result is something special and different Marina

Love Chrissie xx

Pia S said...

Seems like a process with several trial and errors, but you got there in the end, not a boo boo in sight and nothing overwhelming, just perfectly balanced.

Tammy L said...

This turned out really great! I love that this is a new home card! That image is perfect for it, and so unique! Thanks for sharing with us at UYS this week.
Tammy DT

Celeste Goff said...

What a fun and sweet card!

sandie said...

Love the vintage feel to this card and that great soft background. Thanks for joining Time Out Challenges

Shawna said...

Your home card is so cute. I really like the fact you display date using the notebook die cut. What a great vintage feel. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room.
Cyber hugs,
Shawna DT

Deborah Frings said...

I do like the bell jar with the house! And the cute map washi! Sorry to be so late commenting. Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room Maps/Coordinates Challenge. Deborah, DT.

Jill V said...

Really pretty cloud background - works beautifully with your sweet home image. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Jill